sdhq-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stout_Design

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-14

Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Empty
PostSubject: Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty   Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2007 11:50 pm

Greetings - I have had trouble finding a forum whose members IQ is above room temperature. Hopefully this one is different!
Anyhow... for no apparent reason, my truck will not shift into 4WD when I twist the knob i.e. light does not appear (but does work!) and it does not shift the transfer case (hubs were locked manually). Auto hubs have not worked this winter either but manually were working fine ... worked yesterday on Berthod Pass but not today. I checked the obvious (damage, broken loose wires, fuses, relays etc) and found nothing blatantly wrong. Is this a common problem? I would investigate more but it is only 3° outside. Any quick and dirty suggestions? Local dealer has proven to be inept in the past so I think will take this one on myself.
Back to top Go down
Donahoe

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Transfer case shifter modual   Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 10:01 am

This was a common problem we had on our race truck before I went to a manual shifting transfer case. It would hunt for 4wd. I would suspect that the cyliniod in the shifter is not ingaging in the cold weather. Does it seen to work good in the summer?
Back to top Go down
Donahoe

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-01-13

PostSubject: Transfer case shifter modual   Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2007 10:02 am

This was a common problem we had on our race truck before I went to a manual shifting transfer case. It would hunt for 4wd. I would suspect that the cyliniod in the shifter is not ingaging in the cold weather. Does it seen to work good in the summer?
Back to top Go down
Stout_Design

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty   Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Icon_minitimeFri Jan 19, 2007 1:20 pm

Thanks for responding...
It has worked flawlessly (even the vacuum operated hubs!) until last month when the hubs began to exihibit a few problems (another story). Then it just refused to shift the other day. It has been cold (<32°F) for the last month. I am trying to trouble shoot with an Alldata reference guide but I don;t know where many of these components go or what they really look like. The truck has 135K miles and this is the first real issue so I can't whine too much... I was just hoping for a common problem/quick fix.

2/19/07
After diagnostics at a local shop, the GEM module failed (lost power windows, wipers, dome light...) $75, Replacement GEM module (@ Dealer) $350, Reprogram GEM (again @ Dealer) $200, do it all again (first GEM module faulty) $0, replace shift motor after ESOF STILL does not work $300.
4WD = not quite priceless, but very nice to have working again!
Next time manual case it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty   Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with ESOF on 2K SuperDuty
Page 1 of 1