sdhq-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Empty
PostSubject: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 10:43 pm

Jeff and I started out to just find the start of the trail Due to all the warnings about equipment, tire size, spare parts, etc. We found a couple really nice sections and next thing you know we're at the beach!

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0714

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0715

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0716

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0717

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0718

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0719

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Hpim0811

This trail is good fun for the keikis. I haven't had this much fun on a trail since...well Woddys Wash and that was what a month ago??

GOOD FUN!!
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 7:09 pm

This trail was really fun! I guess it was set up because we didnt plan on it and were a little wary because of what people had said about "plan 8 to 12 hours, someone always rolls over, someone always breaks", ect...

Well, we did this hard section which we would have not done if we had others with less built rigs, then we drove the next sandy area and all of a sudden we are at the beach! On the way out I did actually get stuck and had to get the Hi-lift out. That to me makes it a good trail!

This trail is actually pretty short with very one very difficult area. Although the tough spot is pretty short, I would not rate it as extremely hard. Rick and I found that basically we have to spot each other through these sections whereas usually we just drive without stopping alot.

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1010

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1110

Smooth slick rocks spaced at difficult intervals and VERY soft sand in between- would be extremly difficult if there was any water or wet rocks...
Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1111

Boaters were trippin out when we pulled up on the beach...
Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1112

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1113

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Dscn1114

Awesome canyon with great scenery. Super good time!

I guess the main requirement would be willing to take some damage!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SDHQoffroad.com
irolledit

irolledit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 9:02 am

so how long did it take in and out????
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 12:14 pm

I'm guessing we got to Brownie tank about 10:30 and back at 4:30 or so with maybe an hour or more at the beach.

rLo
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Was about two hours to get to the beach and about about two and a half to get back out...
Back to top Go down
irolledit

irolledit

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2007 10:28 pm

u guy made good time then. hopefully the next good rain fall will wash out the sand that is coveing the last hard line before the lake Cool
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:05 am

Yea, it looks like each good flow of water could change up that whole area... Can't wait to go back!
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 10:15 pm

yeah mee too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!   Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apr 7 Sandy Beach...Yeah!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sdhq-forum :: General :: Trail Ride-
Jump to: