sdhq-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Empty
PostSubject: Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area   Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2007 9:28 pm

Today we followed Mark to what he said was something we would be interested in seeing. At first it seemed that he was just taking us down a dirt road...one turn after another, then we were there - an area with multiple ledges, a few large bowls and lots of boulders. YEE-HA Here's some pics-

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo10

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo11

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo12

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo13

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo14

Mark, when you hear "HEY,HEY,HEY" someones trying to get your attention
Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo15

A fairly scenic trail as well
Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo16

Kansas City directing Traffic
Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo17

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo18

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Bulldo19

I didn't even get to see What we would be interested in seeing, but from what Jeff says - Sandy beach aint shit compared to this. According to my GPS we turned around about 1/4 mile from Willow Springs. Another Good Day!!
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area   Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2007 11:25 pm

Damn, left my camera at home this trip, Hopefully Mark got a few more pics of Ricks rig...

"Kansas City directing Traffic" - now that is friggin' funny, but I guess you had to be there... maybe next time!!

When we reached our 'time to turn around' point, there was alot of unknown trail left to go. We hiked down about another 1/3 mile or so and still didnt reach the end. This last section had some really good obstacles and at least one 'commit or go home' spot towards the bottom...

Hey Rick, you think the valley with all the rolling bedrock might be that "Little Moab" area?
Back to top Go down
http://www.SDHQoffroad.com
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area   Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 6:56 pm

We should make it one that place looks like it has alot of potential. I looked at the topo and my gps together and determined thet we were indeed about 1/2 mile from Willow Springs - deep in Willow Springs! but not Deeper than we have been. This road must have just opened recently because it wasn't on my old map that they give you with your permit but I saw it on Marks map (his is newer). Anyway the little moab place is up towards 4peaks rd.

I'm looking at the Devils Canyon area for a run in the near future, or maybe a nite run to somewhere we're more familiar with.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area   Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apr22 Bulldog recreation Area
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sdhq-forum :: General :: Trail Ride-
Jump to: