sdhq-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Some good times and some bad times. Things didn't start off well when my Tcase was acting up but thanks to Jeff and Rick for their help, it got fixed. Other problems finally took me out but not before we could do at least one awesome trail. Woody's Wash or something like that. Anyway, if you went, post your pictures. These are most of the ones taken on my camera.

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010003

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010004

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010014

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010016

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010019

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010023

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010027

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010029

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010036

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010041

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010047

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010048

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010049

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010050

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010052

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 P1010055
Back to top Go down
SDHQKYLE

SDHQKYLE

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Yo Im glad you guys finally got back alright.. We didnt get home from our little rescue mission till after 2am! After doing a full clutch job right above the luge on martinez, we then went back DOWN the switchbacks in the dark with the 4runner running shitty and I couldnt get it to idle so I was 3-footin it the whole way down. Then we got lost on the way out. Then I hit a big ass washout and bent a wheel and lost the bead on the front left. So we change that bitch and now the steering isnt working. Well I guess I hit the steering wheel hard enough to jam the column into the steering shaft. Got that squared away and no more than 5 min later we are outta gas! The damn thing got 1mpg on the way out of the trail! A quick tow to the gas station and we were on our way home doing 50 the whole way because it wouldnt go any faster. Look like you guys had a blast [so did we] but wheres the pics of kurt doin cool stuff!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.locooffroad.com
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Damn Kyle, sounds like you guys had it really rough. I'm sure that buddy of yours is very thankful.

We had a good time. Could have been better though if I didn't break down becuase I think Jeff and Rick would have kept wheeling that day, at least one more trail would have been great. Hopefully the rig gets fixed up pretty quick and can get right back out there.

Those are all the pictures I have. Hopefully, the others who went will post up there pics as well.
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 am

Here's a few that I got

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1210

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1211

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1212

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1213

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1214

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1215

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1216

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Hpim1217
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 am

WOW! What a run! Short but sweet... Would have liked to do another trail but as it ended up I didnt get home til after 7pm...

Recap:

Tcase shifting prob took about a half hour to fix at the parking lot on Zuk Jeffs rig...

The first obstacle on Woodys wash where it looks like I am totally on my side (ok maybe I am), Mike and zuk Jeff just pushed me over a little to help straighten out. Oil went into the head and started dripping right out of the exhaust and SMOKING bad like Ted, Fred and Tom on the side of the shop...

We threw a strap-on Rick, Kurt and Mike to get them through the bypass tippy spot...

A large but skinny Bull with some big-ass horns was laying right in the trail! We creeped towards him and honked and yelled and he finally moved...

The middle big obstacle where I DID put it totally on its side, took about 30-40 minutes to get it out of the big hole it was wedged in. Jacked it up as high as possible then put a strap and some man power on the front to pull down and pulled from underneath with Zuk Jeffs winch. Also smashed my right headlight here (a couple times). I tried this spot several times and was going for ONE MORE TRY (of course) when I flopped over. THANKS for everyones help on that one...

The second half of this trail is what I really like and was used to wheelin in CA. A lot of quick climbing and elevation change, with long sections of continuous rocks where you have to pick your line two steps ahead or else you lose track of what is directly in front of you and you get hung up. This is where Mike said "what are you getting me into?" (again) and Kurt had a shit-eatin' grin plastered on his face. Then Zuk Jeffs fan got into his radiator and ate it up pretty good. Took about 15 mins to pull the radiator forward out of the way...

Finally finished the trail and made our way to the parking lot and checked over Jeffs Zuk. Figured it could be driven for short periods and then let it cool down and drive some more. Well he was paying attention to the temp guage but the wiring was screwed up and not accurate so the thing got real hot and died before we got to Gold Canyon. Decided to just put a strap-on and tow him back but with 6-10 psi in the tires on both rigs it was tough going, so we aired up partially in Gold Canyon and towed it all the way to SDHQ...

It was alot of fun except for Jeffs ZUk taking a crap. Time to start planing the next trip in a couple weeks!!!

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2310

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2410

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2411

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2412

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2413

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2414

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2415

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2416

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2417

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2311

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Dscn2418

Between Matt and I using my camera I have over a hundred pics from this trip so if you want we can exchange more pics later!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SDHQoffroad.com
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 6:54 pm

Hey, where did my pictures of the area map go? I posted them here last night? Alright rLo (mr. moderator), did you do something with my maps? Cmon, fess up.
Back to top Go down
SDHQKYLE

SDHQKYLE

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 9:35 pm

Its dumb to post maps of wheeling areas on the internet. They can help the greenies find our trails and close em down.
Back to top Go down
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 am

SDHQKYLE wrote:
Its dumb to post maps of wheeling areas on the internet. They can help the greenies find our trails and close em down.

To be honest, I'm not concerned at all about "greenies" closing any trails. I've been wheeling down here for 18 years and I've heard the same concern for 18 years. The ones that usually get closed are due to fires (such as FR42 a few years ago), in which case they close that area down for a few years to allow wildlife to growback. Alot of people though are paranoid about trails closing. The truth is, OHV recreation contributes $4.25 billion annually to Arizona's economy. More than half of this amount, $2.2 billion, comes through direct expenditures for motorized vehicles. An additional $842.3 million comes from recreational trip expenditures for food, gasoline, lodging and other items. In simple terms, offroading is huge business in Arizona and trails that are on state trust land are not closing anytime soon. With that said, they are keeping a watchful eye on things and that is why you see the Tread Lightly program in full force. Hey, they might close a trail tomorrow, I'm not saying they won't. But I have to believe that almost 5 billion speaks pretty loudly down at the governors office.

Enough talk about maps though, look forward to wheeling with you one of these days............when my rig is fixed. The engine work should be done soon and then it will be back to SDHQ for some major work. I'm hoping it goes quick, I want to get back out on the trails.

Anyway, thanks to Jeff and the rest of the crew for a pretty fun trip. Can't wait until next time. Peace.
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 5:26 am

Yeah fawker - no more maps. And I swear to buddah I didn't remove that post.

So whats the verdict on on your motor? I hope it's not trashed.

rLo
Back to top Go down
SDHQSERENA

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:08 am

1TUFZUK wrote:
Hey, where did my pictures of the area map go? I posted them here last night? Alright rLo (mr. moderator), did you do something with my maps? Cmon, fess up.
Alright it was me!
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.SDHQOFFROAD.COM
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 6:06 pm

SDHQSERENA wrote:
1TUFZUK wrote:
Alright it was me!

They have you brain washed Serena. The man isn't out to get us..........lol.

Rick - not so good on the engine news. For certain the head gasket is blown and there is knocking downstairs so there may be a bent rod or something. Between the repairs to fix this and the towing charges, all because the same stock mounts were cut off and re-used instead of just paying a little bit extra for some new ones to do it right. I'm so hot over this I just want to smash a wall. Sorry but that is retardville. Cut off the mounts and reuse them. Nice. I swear, that pitman arm was just an extra one laying around so why not use it right? We'll make it fit. Probably the same with those spring perches. Heck, why fab something up or even order them online, these hunks of scrap metal laying on my floor look like they might work okay, let me just weld them on there and roll with it.......................lol.

Hopefully everthing gets fixed up real soon and we're back on some more trails. Toyota Jeff said you might want to sell that dolly........how much are you asking? Now lower that price and how much you asking now?
Back to top Go down
SDHQKYLE

SDHQKYLE

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Great thanks..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pictures from FJ run on 10/6   Pictures from FJ run on 10/6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pictures from FJ run on 10/6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
sdhq-forum :: General :: Trail Ride-
Jump to: