sdhq-forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDHQOffroad.comSDHQOffroad.com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trail Run - 10/6

Go down 
+2
SDHQJEFF
1TUFZUK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 10:29 pm

Spoke with Jeff on the phone today about a trip to FJ on 10/6 or 10/7. My brother is coming into town and wants to hit some cool trails. I've never been to FJ and wanted to get a small (3 or 4) group of rigs to hit the trails at dawn (not sure which day yet). I have one open seat in my rig which my brother will sit but my best friend, who also is good friends with my brother, wants to go also. I figure if we get 3 or so other rigs besides mine, there should be a front seat open somewhere. I want to keep the group small so we can get around to alot of the trails. My hope is that my brother likes it so much he will want to build a rig. He plans to move down here in a few years. Jeff mentioned that rLo might want to go. I met you on the zuk night run a few weeks back at BDC area. Another rig or two would be cool.

I wish I knew which day but I just don't know yet. I'm leaning towards Saturday. My brother and his wife, will be in LA that week. Brothers wife has a pretty good shot to make the 2008 Olympic team as a cyclist and her tryout is that Thursday. If she makes the cut that day, she might have another race on Friday, then they will drive out here. If they get here late, he may not feel like getting up so early to hit trails. So, for now, it's either or at this point.

Oh BTW - first time post - my name is Jeff.
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-01-12

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 11:41 pm

Welcome Jeff!

After talking to you, sounds like Martinez Canyon would be a good trail to start with out at FJ. Then we could do something else a little more difficult after that if time permits.

Let me know what day works for you and we will plan it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.SDHQoffroad.com
AZMIKE

AZMIKE

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 5:44 pm

I WOULD BE UP FOR A TRIP TO FJ. LET ME KNOW IF I CAN TAG ALONG. Cool
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm

DAWN??
Back to top Go down
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 9:23 pm

SONOFSAMI wrote:
DAWN??

Yep - Dawn! - lol, hahahaha

dawn /dɔn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dawn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. the first appearance of daylight in the morning: Dawn broke over the valley.
2. the beginning or rise of anything; advent: the dawn of civilization.
–verb (used without object) 3. to begin to grow light in the morning: The day dawned with a cloudless sky.
4. to begin to open or develop.
5. to begin to be perceived (usually fol. by on): The idea dawned on him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: bef. 1150; ME dawen (v.), OE dagian, deriv. of dæg day; akin to ON daga, MD, MLG dagen, OHG tagén]

—Related forms
dawnlike, adjective

—Synonyms 1. daybreak, sunrise. 5. appear, occur, break.
—Antonyms 1. sunset.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Back to top Go down
SDHQKYLE

SDHQKYLE

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:26 am

SDHQJEFF wrote:
Welcome Jeff!

After talking to you, sounds like Martinez Canyon would be a good trail to start with out at FJ. Then we could do something else a little more difficult after that if time permits.

Let me know what day works for you and we will plan it!!

Martinez is a looong trail.. Why not hit upper ajax then run highway to hell and maybe lower woodypecker backwards or something? Nice variety..
Back to top Go down
http://www.locooffroad.com
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 9:21 am

Ya I was thinking maybe run up Martinez canyon and back down the canyon instead of taking the switch back trail to the top of the world. Although the top of that hill is pretty spectacular as far as the views go.

H2H may be slightly above the 'lets go on a Moderate family visiting run'.

I also like the second definition of DAWN better than the first:
Quote :
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:14 pm

SDHQJEFF wrote:

I also like the second definition of DAWN better than the first:
Quote :

Yeah me too... I'm seeing it as the dawn of the trail ride.

rLo
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:19 pm

[quote="SDHQKYLE"]
SDHQJEFF wrote:
Martinez is a looong trail.. Why not hit upper ajax then run highway to hell and maybe lower woodypecker backwards or something? Nice variety..

Might not seem as long if we hit Elvis on the way.
Back to top Go down
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 7:53 pm

If you know there are some good trails in FJ that move along at a decent pace then let's plan some type of route through FJ where we can hit those. I just didn't want to get on trails that are mega technical where it takes a group of 4 buggies 30 minutes to get through 1 obstacle, you know. I just got this buggy and I don't yet consider myself a highly technical driver. I also plan to let my brother and friend have a stab and driving so that it makes it more fun for them and I know they don't they are not highly skilled in the 4x4 driving world. Yeah, definately something medium for this trip. We got all winter to get in some hard core stuff Smile

Plus, after only taking this thing on one run, and it already had so many things break (tubes on the cage, broken hub, motor mounts, seats comings lose, steering and brakes), I'd rather take it easy for a few trips just to make sure there are no other unpleasant surprises. Once I am confident that she's put together right, we'll tear it up.

I appreciate the company guys. Very cool of you to go with me on this run. Look forward to having a relaxing and fun time and getting to know everybody better.

Now is a good time to find out if there is going to be an extra seat for my friend. Probably should get a line up put together too. I've only asked a few but don't know for sure who all is going.

Myself (Zuk) - for sure
Jeff (Toy) - for sure
Rick (Zuk) - ?
Enno (Zuk) - not for sure
???
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:49 pm

yeah, I can plan on an open seat for you. Also, fortunately you found some people who actually go out to drive their vehichles, not just sit and watch everyone else tackle the "moderate" 2 foot step up. I cant stand sitting and waiting for everyone like that last ZOA run, must have spent more time sitting and waiting than actually driving. Its fun to watch on the big obstacles but we dont have a bunch of guys just out to drink beer and stand around...

Myself (Zuk) - for sure
Jeff (Toy) - for sure
Rick (Zuk) - ? (doesnt know if he can get up that early to go wheelin??)
Enno (Zuk) - not for sure
???
Mike - Jeep - for sure
Back to top Go down
1TUFZUK

1TUFZUK

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 12:05 am

Rick isn't a vampire is he? I don't consider myself a morning person at all, but this time of year, it's still frickin hot and morning is nice. Cmon Rick, you can do it. If you can't get up that early, just stay up all night Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 1:37 pm

1TUFZUK wrote:
Rick isn't a vampire is he? I don't consider myself a morning person at all, but this time of year, it's still frickin hot and morning is nice. Cmon Rick, you can do it. If you can't get up that early, just stay up all night Twisted Evil

No, I'm not a vampire but I do work into the wee hours of the morning. Actually I'm not a "for sure" for this run anyway, I'll have a beter idea as the date approaches.

rLo
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:08 pm

Add SDHQ Kurt to the list... Been waiting and waiting to see his exploder in action... So now I cant wait...

So, Zuk Jeff, everything still good for Saturday AM??
Back to top Go down
SDHQKYLE

SDHQKYLE

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:48 pm

He wont wake up.

Ill be working on the rig, or Id be there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.locooffroad.com
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Kyle, you need to get rid of that driveway pic BAD! I'd even settle for a sycamore or rolls pic for now...(Im also keeping score of how many trips you miss because "working on rig" or "my dog ate my homework", ect)

Kurt will be there, I talked to his mom and she said it was ok...

Just bustin you alls balls! Get your shtuff together...lets go!!
Back to top Go down
SDHQJEFF

SDHQJEFF

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 pm

OK!!! Meeting Saturday at Quik Trip on Power and University @ 8am...
Should be 5 or 6 vehicles...
Back to top Go down
SONOFSAMI

SONOFSAMI

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:07 am

Sounds good, looks like I'm a go for sat. I'll give Enno a call and see if he wants to join us.

rLo
Back to top Go down
kurtistruckbackwards

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 am

HAAHAH I FRICKIN MADE IT SUCKERS! any way yeah my rig did much better than i actually expected! ... just a little body damage and i was good to go. looks like a new front bumper and a working stereo are the next two modifications to be dealt with....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trail Run - 10/6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trail Run - 10/6   Trail Run - 10/6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trail Run - 10/6
Page 1 of 1